- Chicken carcass (or any mixture of bones from healthy animals)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (apple cider or white)
- Pop the bones into a large pot. You only need a few bones to make broth, but the more you can fit in the better.
- Cover all the bones completely with water
- Add a splash of vinegar.
- Cover your pan and put on low heat. Cook for at least 6 hours. Poultry bones can go as long as 24 hours.
- Pour the broth through a sieve into a storage container or use tongs to pick the bones out.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Use within 5 – 7 days or freeze for later.